When the lights turned off over half of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in the middle of SuperBowl XLVII, I Tweeted:
There will be a lot of talk about this Super Bowl power outage tomorrow, including parallels b/w sports and business.
— Geno Prussakov (@ePrussakov) February 4, 2013
Honestly, I didn’t expect some of the turns this “talk” has ended up taking, and today (one workweek into the reflections on it, and reactions to it) I’d like to bring a compilation of the five articles I’ve found to be most interesting. Here they are (in chronological order):
1. How Advertisers Made The Super Bowl Power Outage Work For Them by Jennifer Rooney of Forbes.com (02/03/2013, 10:13p)
2. 10 Innovative Social Media Newsjacks of the Super Bowl Power Outage by Anum Hussain of HubSpot (02/04/2013, 11:30p)
3. Marketing Lessons From Super Bowl Power Outage by Daniel Rodriguez of Indivly Magic (02/04/2013)
4. Marketing Lessons and Missed Opportunities From Super Bowl XLVII by Julio Fernandez at HuffingtonPost.com (02/05/2013, 11:51a)
5. Four Things Corporate IT Can Learn from the Super Bowl Power Outage by Jay Livens of Iron Mountain (02/06/2013)
Have you found some interesting follow-ups on the subject? Please share them through the “Comments” area below. I’d love to read them too.
3 Replies to “Super Bowl 2013 Power Outage: Best Reactions & Lessons to Learn”
As the author of one of the blog posts above, I wanted to thank you for the including me in the list. I am honored by the acknowledgement.
Jay, you had some good thoughts there. So, no need to thank me. Thank you for a good thought process behind the post.
The thing I loved the most about the Superbowl was the animated gifs used in the news coverage. Great round up Geno and thanks for including us on the list!